The main goal of the Researcher is to take responsibility for and make an essential contribution to maintaining the high level of knowledge and the continuous development of the high technology within Mitutoyo RCE and within the Mitutoyo Corporation.
About the role:
- carry out technical-scientific research in the field of theoretical and applied dimensional metrology
- active exploration of RCE’s research field in the context of Mitutoyo’s present and future product range
- contribute to the development and management of research programmes
- report and present research results, and develop patents
- PhD, PDEng, or MSc in mechanical engineering, mechatronics, electrical engineering, mathematics, optics, photonics, or physics (or equivalent qualifications by experience)
- 5+ years of work experience in the relevant domains (exceptional candidates with less experience will be considered too)
- Good knowledge of spoken and written English
Moreover, knowledge of those skills are preferred (alternatively strong experience in one of the below):
- Dimensional metrology
- Mechanics, mechatronics, precision engineering
- Computer programming
- Optics, photonics
- Electronics, algorithms, signal/image processing
Mitutoyo Research Center Europe (RCE) is part of the worldwide research organization (Japan, USA, and Europe) under the umbrella of Mitutoyo Corporation. The 84-years old Mitutoyo is a global leader in dimensional metrology with more than five thousand employees. Mitutoyo offers dozens of product families ranging from well-known hand tools purchasable in hardware stores, to extremely sophisticated in-line automated measurement solutions for the aerospace, semiconductor, and automotive industries.
At RCE, new concepts, principles, and technologies are developed for the benefit of these diverse Mitutoyo products. Innovations are made that lead to the enhancement of current products and which can also be the basis of completely new product lines. Every year researchers at RCE file several patents, attend and present at conferences and industrial fairs, and deliver early development stage prototypes and technology, to be perfected in the development and production engineering divisions of Mitutoyo.
To strengthen the team based in Best (near Eindhoven), we are currently seeking aResearcher.